Saturday, May 22, 2010

Stargate Universe Episode 18 - "Subversion"

SPOILERS: Yesterday's episode

Stargate Universe is getting better and better by the week. Seriously, they are learning to push my buttons. Or should I say "dial my Chevrons?" Uh, that just sounds a bit dirty, so I'll stick with the first. This week's episode was so good, to the point that it ended and I just went "wahhhh? Where's the rest?!" It leads into the two part season finale which doesn't start for 2 WEEKS! 




First off, guest stars galore! Richard Dean Anderson was the same Jack O'Neil, except now he's a general. I loved the little bit where he turned the wrong way on the ship - it's small things like that which make me smile in such a dark show. And when did Daniel Jackson turn into a super spy? I mean, I know Michael Shanks was on Burn Notice for a season, but he's on top of a building taking pictures, leading strikes, carrying a handgun, and, most striking, not arguing against torturing Telford! Honestly, though, I can overlook any discrepancies cause it was just wonderful to see him.

Now, this is a sign of how much of an early-SG1 fan I am - my initial response to Rush's dream was, what's the Lucian Alliance? In case your curious: here's some info

Great episode. Rush is sneaking around in Telford's body, getting into all sorts of trouble. I knew he messed up the phone call, though he does try to cover for himself (how did he know her name was Kiva?). I loved the part where she says he has to be Scott or Young because no scientist would endure that kind of torture - course, he messes up by immediately revealing who he is. There's something odd about scientists being held hostage; why would you trust the calculations of someone who knows you need them but hates you? Not even Young trusts Rush and they work for the same government.

Poor Camile, all out of the loop. This is how much I care that your feelings are hurt [ ]. Not much is it? Nope! She continues whining after hearing what is going on, and that's where I stopped caring. Is Young going to kill Rush/Telford? Probably not. So do I care if his rights are being neglected.....did you hear Telford's pro-Alliance speech?! It gave me chills. So, no, I suppose I've been desensitized and made heartless my TV but I'm all for Young getting some vengeance by beating the crap out of him. [Image]

One question though. I loved TJ's baby shower, but Telford didn't seemed surprised. Does that mean SGC knows, in which case, do they know who the father is? Because I can't imagine no one had an issue with Young being the dad. The baby toys and clothes were all so adorable, and it says a lot about how resourceful everyone on the ship is. It made me smile. :)

All in all, a great episode. I can't wait for the finale! Carter's making a appearance too!

~ Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment