Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sanctuary Season 3 Preview

Spoilers: It's a preview video. So yes. But only as far as guest characters and basic outline of some future episodes. My review of the video is posted in the comments section - therefore comments are open for spoilers as well.

So, Comic-Con is officially my favorite media related event ever thanks to the extreme number of cast interviews, previews, spoilers, and announcements it spawns. And though I've been picking my way through all of it, my day was officially made by finding this; the Season 3 preview for Sanctuary. I've mentioned this show before, it's wonderful, fun, original, and it's got Amanda Tapping.

Sanctuary fans - good news! The show was finally picked up for a full season (20 episodes) which for one thing, means an extended arc and more guest stars. I don't want to say anymore - just check out the video.

Non-Sanctuary fans - you can watch it for a good time, as it will catch you up on the season 2 finale, but otherwise you won't understand much of what makes it so awesome. I do, however, happen to know that Sidereel has excellent links for both seasons - not that I in anyway support illegally watching shows. I plan to buy both seasons and put them next to my DVDs of Firefly and Buffy because they are just as much fun to rewatch.

http://video.syfy.com/shows/sanctuary#////shows/sanctuary/whats_hot_5/sanctuary--comiccon-2010-trailer/v1241259

What do you think? Favorite part? Mine's at about 11 seconds from the end.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, since this is a preview, comments are fair game for discussing spoilers. So here's my take on the video in a few brief lines.

    1) Will isn't dead. No surprise there. Really.

    2) Druitt may not be dead. Surprise. In a good way. I like him a lot, as as a villian or an ally. It'll be interesting to see what happens now that we know why he went psycho. (Season 2 episode "Haunted")

    3) Tesla. <3. According to some [unconfirmed] gossip on the Sanctuary fb page he will be in 8 of the season's 20 episodes. And it looks like he still hasn't given up on hitting on Magnus. Don't believe a thing he charmingly says Magnus, he's just trying to win you over without the use of torture.. (Season 1 episode "The Five")

    4) I'm extremely excited to see the return of Charles Magnus. He was conspicuously absent last season if with the Cabal and the death of his granddaughter. And he's the one guy who can claim to know more than Helen. It's a classic "I taught you everything you know. But not everything I know."

    5) The Five flashback episode. We might finally see Griffin, and Watson will probably make a reappearance as well. I'm dying to know what they were all like when they first realized their powers.

    My one issue - not enough Henry. Will narrated, Kate's going to hold up a bank, but where is the ever lovable geek/weapons expert/werewolf? He's in group shots but I hope he gets some episodes to himself where isn't miserable about his past. (Season 2 episode Fragments and Season 1 episode Edward)

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I must call myself out on a typo - Magnus' father's name is Gregory, not Charles.

    Whoops. :)

    ReplyDelete