Friday, July 30, 2010

Notes on Future Spoilers


As Comic-Con was a recent event, and since, as you can see by my eager post below concerning Sanctuary, you can tell I follow Comic-Con news, I feel it's necessary I make clear what I will and will not be posting about my discoveries as I muddle my way through the overwhelming amount of panel videos and exclusive cast interviews.

My future spoiler policy is only for basic season arcs, general episode plot lines, or romantic developments. I do not like having distinct future spoilers. When I post future spoilers they are meant to make you excited about or encourage discussion for the next season or episode. 

Here are some examples (taken from old seasons of shows). [I've hidden them below the read more line in case you don't even want to read old spoilers]


What I like to know/will post : 

  • Casting choices (Idina Menzel as Vocal Adrenaline coach in Glee)
  • Vague romance (hope for Hodgela in Bones)
  • Episode focuses (Kate's backstory in Sanctuary episode "Penance")
  • Blind items (SOME show jumps forward in time - turned out to be Brother's and Sisters, which I don't even watch)
  • Vague character departure (House is losing a doctor - turns out to be Kal Penn's Cutner)
  • General arcs (return of the Gravedigger to Bones)

What I WILL NOT POST (and personally, try to avoid discovering): 

  • Specific episode results/deaths (Zack's secret in the Season 3 Bones finale)
  • Specific romance (Penny and Leonard break up in Big Bang theory)
  • Specific arcs (Lucian Alliance boards the Destiny in SGU)
  • Casting where it might ruin a surprise twist (Alan Tudyk as Alpha in Dollhouse)
Please, please, please, let me know if you disagree with any of my classification. I like to share what I learn, and if people would like to hear about arcs without knowing if a character is going to leave, let me know so I make sure to adjust my post standards!



No comments:

Post a Comment