Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'm back! And I've still got legs!

New semester, new things to avoid doing (like, say, grad school apps), new roster of shows to watch,  and a new layout!

And also, through a rather odd series of somewhat fortunate events over the summer, I was challenged to think of a proper Carmen Sandiego-style agent name for myself, and, well, I like it. Of course, Ann Tickwitee will always have a special place in my heart.

Combine the name with the background recently liberated from SyFy's website, and I think we all know what my #1 show is right now - Sanctuary! If you have free time, and you want to get into a new TV show, and you aren't catching up on Sanctuary online, you're WRONG.

And one final note. A friend of mine, new to Doctor Who (my close 2nd favorite show), tried to mispronounce a crucial word in the Who-verse yesterday and write it off as an easy mistake to make. It's not. See this:


These are Daleks. Pronounce Daah - lehk. Or according to Wikipedia in that fancy script I can't read: dɑːlɛk.

Get it right or you shall be exterminated! Or maybe we'll get them first:


No comments:

Post a Comment