Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday September 21 and Thursday September 23

SPOILERS: Glee, Warehouse 13, NCIS, Bones, and Big Bang Theory

Yes, yes, yes, I'm very behind. Sooo, very very behind. As my finger has made a full recovery, I'm now desperately trying to catch up. Which means no pics, sorry, and not the long drawn out analysis I really wanted to do (which Glee desperately needs, I got a lot to say about the premiere episode). SO I'm doing this bullet style straight from my notes. Sorry if my lack of formatting or paragraphs bugs you. You should leave a comment and let me know that.

Just a suggestion.

Anyways, episode of the day(s) : Big Bang Theory "The Robotic Manipulation"

Glee, "Audition"
  • Tina and Mike adorable Asian couple, and I loved the fact that the deciding song was "Getting to Know You" from the King and I
  • The whole interview segment at the beginning was great, poking at Glee haters in the real world
  • Beaste is EXCELLENT, great addition to the cast
  • Empire State of Mind - Really don't like the song to begin with, and it seems like appeasing rather than "proving their diversity". Notice that Heather Morris (Brittney) shows off her dancing skills [she's a professional dancer to begin with], the others - don't]
  • Rachel + Sunshine = racism, really nasty pranks and Telephone. Did anyone else think it looked like Lea Michelle was trying to make out with Sunshine's head? Sue's interruption was great.
  • Billionaire - Once again, don't like the song, didn't enjoy it, seemed like appeasing the crowd who demand bad top 40s songs that no one will remember in a year. Suck it up, musicals and classic rock are good for the soul
  • Glee tackles two issues - breast implants and abstinence. Two thumbs up for the Sue and Santana scene, but having Quinn preach abstinence is really missing the point here. They really should be talking about contraceptives.
  • My reaction to "Listen" from Dream Girls - Tiny little asian girl say what? And then, WOW, she's got a voice. Shame she's leaving for Vocal Adrenaline because she could give Mercedes a run for her money.
  • Finally, I was FURIOUS and the song choice of "What I Did For Love" from A Chorus Line. WRONG CONTEXT. Rachel made a boo-boo. That's not what the song's about. It's about looking back on a talent/career that you will never have again, and not regretting a thing. She wasn't kicked of Glee, she wasn't expelled, it's not like she can't sing anymore, so it's a waste of the chance to use the song for a real dramatic moment. The song would've been much more fitting in the Laryngitis episode.


NCIS, "The Spider and the Fly"
  • Pappa Gibbs is such a badass. No wonder he also plays Booth's grandpa on Bones
  • My favorite exchange of the episode - McGee: "Why are you so tan?" Ziva: "Why are you so white?
  • People should really lear: Never Threaten Abby EVER 
  • Whoops, silly Abby, only one printout of an incriminating report, no more copies, silly her (good for her!)
  • Otherwise, not much to say, but it was a very good episode, and the end was rather heart-wrenching (having brother kill sister)


Warehouse 13, "Reset" - This episode was full of excellent quotes!
  • "Grr...I'm gonna, I'm gonna kill her" (I love when Myka's out of it)
  • Artie as Jerusalem Jones + the previous episode with Wells and Laura Croft
  • Artie/Claudia conversation "Will it make me feel old and uncomfortable?"
  • Myka: "First time shame on her, second time, I'm bringing that bitch down", Pete: "I love it when you talk dirty"
  • Even when he's been shot, Artie still cares about the job "Wait, where did you find it? Venice?" "Ft. Lauderdale" "Of course!"
  • "Are you going to keep dying on us every year?" "I'm going to keep dying till it takes" - Claudia getting all emotional and trying to get a hug was adorable
  • Oh, is that who Leena is supposed to be, "the Mom"? She hasn't really done much this season so I still have total apathy for her.
  • As for the end: write-out or set up for next season? My bet is set up. Myka is an integral part of the show, especially since she ISN'T a romantic paring. She is the one agent who has seized on her life in the Warehouse so strongly that one mess up for her is a fatal flaw.

Big Bang Theory, "The Robotic Manipulation"
  • "Shami" - pure joy, absolutely hilarious, and wonderful
  • Robotic hand + Wallowitz = saw that hospital trip happening a mile away
  • Sheldon's comment about "The things I should know, I do know" was very reminiscent of Hodgins or Zack in early Bones episodes
  • Penny's threat to Sheldon's mother at the end was absolutely perfect, and a great way to end a hilarious episode

Bones, "The Mastodon in the Room"
  • "I find it interesting that I'm only afraid of snakes when Booth is around to be jumped upon" - yes, so do I Bones. And now I have one more continuity issue with this show.
  • A little heavy handed on the Booth/Parker subtext there with the mission in Afghanistan
  • Lance, with a goatee, playing the piano, rethinking his life priorities = priceless
  • Personal question? You or me? You, ok, shoot. Ahh, I missed Booth avoiding talking about his own personal issues while doling out the advice
  • There really is a mastodon in the room, not metaphorically speaking. What a wonderful way to end the episode!
Sorry for the choppiness! 
~ Sarah

3 comments:

  1. GLEE
    I'm going to agree with you in that I didn't like a lot of the song choices, though I did not take any offense to the last one like you seemed to haha.
    Apparently you missed the Bristol Palin reference with Quinn and abstinence haha
    Also, *Beiste* it's french lol

    BIG BANG THEORY
    I don't like Sheldon in a "relationship" it's not working for me :\

    BONES
    Since when are you referring to Sweets as Lance? Really threw me off because I was like "Who's this Lance character?"
    Otherwise I felt it was a goodish episode, not my favorite I felt the storyline was a little forced.

    I feel like I should type more... HAI... I can't breathe, doesn' t that sound fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks for Beiste correction. I didn't actually think about Bristol Palin at the time, but you're right, there is that connection.

    Although Quinn's pregnancy didn't make her famous and make her worthy of Dancing on the Stars...But yes, Bristol Palin now supposedly counts as a "motivational speaker", so I do see the similarities between her and Quinn.

    Whenever Daisy's in an episode, I can't help but think of Sweets as Lance. They're such an odd couple, but their relationship somehow makes their characters a lot more human. In the sense that episodes that focus on their relationship makes them deviate from their basic set personality.

    Awwwww, feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. “And you don’t think I can achieve the required intimacy with text messaging?” Penny: “Apparently not.” “Huh, it seems the phone companies have been lying to me.” Sheldon asking Penny at the last minute to take him to his date was totally appropriate for this episode, and so was Howard’s use of his robot until he got “the idea.” I honestly would never have time to watch anything if I couldn’t use the extra time to watch TV when I’m waiting around like when I was at the DMV the other day. Actually I wouldn’t be able to watch TV on my iPhone or Galaxy Tab if I didn’t discover about the Sling Adapter on besttvforme.com. Now I just record the shows on my Dish Network employee DVR and watch away when I’m away; works for live TV too.

    ReplyDelete