Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Week 8/9 - "What?! Hilarie Burton?"

SPOILERS: Warehouse 13, White Collar, Covert Affairs, and Eureka

Soooo very sunburnt. I had a lovely time at the beach, but now I'm in a rush and I still haven't caught up on SYTYCD, so this is going to be quick and to the point.

Episode of the Week: White Collar "Unfinished Business"

Edit: I accidentally had the wrong title for the White Collar episode...

Warehouse 13 "Around the Bend": Pete's turn! I had forgotten about Pete's drinking problem, but I found this episode to be a touching reminder that even the super good guys have skeletons in their closet. At first, even I was fooled by his hallucination. (I mean, have you seen Valda aka Mark Sheppard? That guy screams evil. Charming smarmy evil, but still evil) It's nice to see everyone so worried about Pete, and I like how protective Pete gets of the missing Mrs. Fredrick. And he's a good sport about getting caught "air-making out."


White Collar "Unfinished Business": As a rare viewer of One Tree Hill, I almost didn't catch Hilarie Burton (Payton) playing Sara in this weeks episode. Luckily for me, my sister shouted it to the whole room the moment she noticed. This gets my best episode of the week episode cause it was, well, feisty. Hilarie and Matt [Bomer, plays Neal] were fantastic; sharp and funny, they had a great chemistry that made them simultaneous allies and enemies. For a pretty typical episode (let's be honest, I don't really remember the "bad guy"), it was surprisingly good, and that's what made it so wonderful.

Covert Affairs "In the Light": Ahhhhhh, finally. This week answered the magical question. Not "who is Ben Mercer?", or "who is the CIA leak?" Not even "how does Annie run in such pretty high heels?" or "just how does a Special Ops guy become head techie?" No, much better than all of those. "How is Jai Wilcox a legacy if he's Indian?" Yeah. They didn't even keep us hanging. We see his dad, Henry Wilcox, we puzzle over the fact that he is very very white, and BAM, Auggie and Annie are gossiping away, giving us the full story without breaking 4th wall, revealing knowledge they shouldn't have, or even wasting too much time. Nicely done guys. Otherwise, it was pretty plain. Annie charms someone no one else has been able to, there's some nice parkour, and OMG it's Ben. There he goes. Aw. 

Can I just say that I am soooooooooooooooooooooo excited for next weeks episode (as in really next week, not tonight)? All I know is it involves an ex of Auggie's. And really, that's all I NEED to know. Yay.

Eureka "Momstrosity": SAW THAT COMING. Oh sorry, was I supposed to be surprised? I didn't know it was S.A.R.A.H. but Tiny getting all motherly over the Wall-E looking AI? Yeah, saw that coming. Boring. Jack and Charles fighting over Allison was ... eh, really, just make a move already Jack. Who cares about men spatting, it's really up to Allison, isn't it? And Kevin, I guess. Overall, a somewhat dull, typical episode.

~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment